Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

When taking a prescribed antibiotic for MRSA, how important is it to follow the directions

When taking a prescribed antibiotic for MRSA, how important is it to follow the directions?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 9 months ago.

Dr. D.J. :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Dr. D.J. :

Hi there,

This is Dr. D.J., experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Dr. D.J. :

It is very important to follow the directions to make sure proper drug level in the blood to eliminate the infection completely.

Dr. D.J. :

Usually Bactrim or Clindamycin is used to treat the infection for 7 days.

Dr. D.J. :

Bactrim is twice daily dosage while clindamycin 4 times daily dosage.

Dr. D.J. :

Missed dose increases the risk of resistance and hence making the antibiotic less effective.

Customer: I need to find a doctor that would be willing to write a notarized statement concerning the importance of following the directions on a prescribed antibiotic for MRSA. The statement would have to include why it is important to take ALL doses timely & to complete the prescription fully (that it would not be advised to miss or delay any doses). I would be willing to pay well for this statement. Would you be willing ? I just need a simple statement on the importance.
Dr. D.J. :

A notarized statement requires a notary to be present.

Dr. D.J. :

A doctor cannot do notarized statement without the presence of a notary.

Dr. D.J. :

Hence, this cannot be done online.

Customer: Yes. It would have to be notarized & mailed to me.
Dr. D.J. :

This website does not offer this type of service.

Dr. D.J. :

This is only for online consultation.

Dr. D.J. :

No other services offered.

Dr. D.J. :

You need to contact a local MD for this purpose.

Customer: Thank you. Can you be hired privately?
Dr. D.J. :

Sorry the website does not allow that.

Customer: Ok.
Dr. D.J. :

all the best

Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD