Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

How can I find a doctor near Pittsburgh, PA that will remove

How can I find a doctor near Pittsburgh, PA that will remove pearly penile papules using Radiofrequency surgery?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

There are many ways to remove them and, as you know, except for the aesthetics, there is no medical reason to remove them.

The use of the CO2 laser is actually a very safe, effective and proven way to remove PPPs. Another good way is with electrosurgery.

That being said, The doctors at the University of Pennsylvanian Medical Center, Dept of Dermatology use all modern forms of surgery to remove PPPs, including Radiofrequency surgery. You will get state-of-the-art from the Professors and Staff in this Department.

Here is how you can contact them and make an appointment:

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/dermatology/

The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania XXXXX
Philadelphia, PA 19104 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the very best. Have a good week.

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for looking into this for looking into this for me. I have just a couple follow up questions:

1. I searched UPenn website and didn't see any mention of Radiofrequency surgery. Are you sure that this is something that they offer?

2. When searching the web, I found "LaserTouch Aesthetics" in NYC, which also offers this surgical option. Can you think of any particular risks with using this type of cosmetic clinic as opposed to a dermatological center such as UPenn?

I appreciate any information or opinion that you might have as I have made several local appointments and they all suggest that I go with whichever laser equipment that they have and after research, it seems that radiosurgery offers some advantages over the traditional laser surgery (eg. less surrounding tissue damage, faster recovery) . If you have a differing opinion I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

Let me answer your new questions in order:

1. No. I'm not a 110% sure...but they would want to make sure that their residents and fellows were trained on all the latest equipment before graduation so, as a person who used to teach at a medical school, I bet they offer it. An answer is just a phone call away :)

2. No. I think you would get great results at either place. PPP do not require rocket science of the Worlds Best Surgeon to remove....

While I agree that RF surgery does offer some advantages to using a surgical blade I am not convinced that RF is any better then using a CO2 laser as far as outcome or scar formation/damage to surrounding healthy tissue.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the very best and hope you have a great outcome. Have a good day.