Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

test results interpreted?cortisol am and night were done

test results interpreted?
cortisol am and night were done with urine testing other with blood(but not on here)
Hdl cholesterol 40 normal above 46
Globulin 2 normal 1.9-3.7
Albumin 4.5 normal 3.6-5.1
Ratio 2 normal 1.-2.5
Bilirubin total .6 normal .2-1.2
Free t3 4. Normal 2.3-4.2
Free t4 1.1 normal .8-1.8
Ferritin 34 normal 10-154
Estrone 9.7 optimal 1-12
Estradiol 2.4 optimal .6-5
Estriol 7.1 optimal 2.5-25
E quotient .6 optimal >1.0
Progesterone 935.1 optimal(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Testosterone 4.1 optimal 10-35
Dhea 12.9 optimal 12-75
Dht 1.9 optimal >12
Cortisol waking in night 57 optimal 50-150
Am cortisol 203 optimal 90-250
Noon cortisol 90 optimal 60-180
Evening 309 optimal 35-110
Bedtime 70 optimal 15-40

Ana positive 1:80
Fe sat 10 normal 20-50%
Glucose 72 normal 70-110
Creatine 1.04 normal .50-1.04
Rdwsd 36 normal 39-49.9
Rdw 11.7 normal 12-15.5
Gran mat 75 normal 39.8-69.3
Lymph 17.4 normal 20.8-48.5
Gran x10~3 9.45 normal 1.88-7.09
Tsh 1.46 normal .45-4.70
Iron 34 normal 50-160
Free t4 1.19 normal .78-2.20
Vit D 43 normal 25-80
T3 131 normal 97-170
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 9 months ago.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Without knowing your history, symptoms and other test results it is hard to put things into perspective but as far as abnormals:

Don't worry about the slightly low HDL

Not sure about the E quotient...

testosterone is low in females; not sure of the reference lab numbers here.

Evening and bedtime cortisol is high

You need more iron in your diet and it seems you might have allergies.

The best thing to do is go over these test results, and all the other data with the ordering MD and get her opinion as she is the best person to put the entire picture together for you and place this one small piece into the big puzzle picture.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

You failed to ask me how I feel nor looked at the cortisol and thyroid issues.

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.
I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

There is nothing more that I have to say except for thousands of women and men whom I'm in groups with online go through the same crud each day with drs that try to fit us in a box. As you will notice if you were to go back to the medical journals top drs at schools write show that tests don't always predict a persons actual medical diagnosis. It is just a shame you did not notice that the cortisol,which I shared were urine are not normal and my reb blood cells are abnormal, plus I'm feeling horrible with exact symptoms of hypothyroidism and maybe adrenal fatigue. I'm sad to say that I've been getting sicker each day because one dr just decides my tests look normal when my hair is falling out, my vision is blurred, my headaches are terrible, so many more and the worst is the lethargy I feel.

It's a shame you didn't look past these and ask me what did I need help with in terms of symptoms and boy there are so many drs out there that can see past the boxes to prove this test results don't tell all and you weren't one of them.

Martha,

You are reading too much into your lab tests without looking at the big picture.

I will opt out and perhaps another expert will be able to give you the assistance you require.

I wish you the very best.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

That is the problem. I'm not reading anything into my tests. I feel horrible daily and the hormones and supplements I'm on are not fixing the horrible lethargy and brain fog I have. I'm reading into my symptoms and want someone else to hear me not read into my labs only. I have been sick for years and drs misdiagnose daily cause they don't listen. They only listen to one symptom and want to medicate due to that one and Never listen to the whole story cause they don't take the time.

I'm sorry to hear how you have been suffering.

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Dr Rick

that sounds like what I will need to do. I've been to so many drs and every single one interprets my labs and condition differently. I'm feeling horrible as to I was bed ridden with fatigue for a while and each diagnosis with meds seem to work a little got me out of bed but I'm still feeling so miserable I'm just so confused and really could care less if all I had to take was a vacation and that would cure me, but that doesn't work cause I tried that. I'm just so frustrated with being told by one I'm normal due to these labs then another one tell my i have an auto immune disorder then the next tell me adrenal fatigue one fibro and chronic fatigue another hormone imbalance and none can make me feel better with a year under my belt trying to get better. The fatigue continues to get worse then better but the main thing is I'm no good being a mother this way and have to put my career on hold till I get better. I live in Houston Texas do you know of one here?

Mum in Houston

Martha,

Yes. One of the best Teaching hospitals in country is right in your back yard. Here is how you can contact them:

http://www.houstonmethodistcareers.org/our-hospitals-methodist-hospital.html

Please take a moment to remove the stain from my online reputation and change your feedback to a positive one for me....

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the very best and hope you feel better soon.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC