Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

Hi I am 1 58 year old female from South Africa with antiphospilipid

Hi
I am 1 58 year old female from South Africa with antiphospilipid Syndrome for 30 years now. I have stopped wafren because it made me ill. when I was on wafren my blood had to be tested twice a week and I almost blead to death twice. that was just before I stoped the poisen.
for two years I have a very irregular haert beat that becomes so bad that I can't breath or it wakes me up. Heartbeat very slow.
I also overheat terribly - is this because of APS?
Is this because of the APS? What must I do?

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

welcome to the chat

Dr. Natasha :

are you still there?

Dr. Natasha :

Any other medical problems

Dr. Natasha :

Have you had any labs done like thyroid?

Customer:

Hi there - No thyroid problems at all. Lost baies when I was younger and had a kidney op - floating kidney. The worst bleeding was in my leg - it pushed the muscle on to the nerve and I have a dead leg now. My INR jumped between .03 and 18 in one day quite often. And this was while I was on wafren

Dr. Natasha :

have you seen a cardiologist?

Dr. Natasha :

hello?

Dr. Natasha :

are you still there?

Customer:

Hi I am here.

Customer:

Sorry - hit the wrong butten. Did see one who said that I need a pacemaker and I do not believe this. I need to know if my heart was damaged by APS and what damage was done and can it be repaired or treated.

Customer:

Dr Natasha

Customer:

I am a Wimpy Franchisee in Vredenburg West Coast. Because I do not have a medical aid this is becomming very stressfull for me.

Dr. Natasha :

hi

Dr. Natasha :

well, it sounds like you may have a condition called sick sinus syndrome

Customer:

What is that?

Dr. Natasha :

APS can affect all the anatomical heart structures can be affected- it is also associated with heart block and arrhythmias

Dr. Natasha :

There is no treatment for this other than control of your APS and possibly a pacemaker

Customer:

Now what now?

Dr. Natasha :

Well I would suggest that you see a second cardiologist since I am sure you would want a second opinion, but getting a pacemaker will help your symptoms tremendously

Customer:

Do you know if there are any way and how I can get an appointment without sitting in ques for days, at government hospitals for this? Closest is Cape town.

Dr. Natasha :

do you have a GP?

Dr. Natasha :

honestly, I would consider seeing a cardiologist for a 1 time appointment privately- if they agree with your first cardiologist, then you can go back to him or her

Dr. Natasha :

it would be money well spent

Customer:

Yes but he is not helping much - the doctors here are not realy interrested and do the cold and flu and pregnancy thing. I did ask at our hospital as well and nothing.

Customer:

OK can you suggest one for me please?

Dr. Natasha :

Your best bet may be to go to the U of Cape Town

Dr. Natasha :

Sometimes they take on cases

Dr. Natasha :

Contact us

Tel:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Address

E25/87 Cardiac Clinic
Groote Schuur Hospital
Observatory
7925
South Africa

Customer:

Thank you so much. Wish you were here or loser to be my GP. Thanks for all the help

Customer:

Kind regards

Customer:

Wilma de Villiers

Customer:

Franchisee Wimpy Vredenburg

Dr. Natasha :

did you see that ?

Dr. Natasha :

are you still there

Hi
It appears that our chat did not close properly.
Did you need clarification or did I provide you with excellent service? :-)?