Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I got the flu 5 days ago and am just today starting to feel

I got the flu 5 days ago and am just today starting to feel better. I had a fever, aches, headache, lethargy, loss of appetite, stomach cramps and diahhrea. All the symptoms are gone today except I still have loose bowel movements and have stomach cramps just prior to them. I was taking advil for the headaches. I took immodium two days ago which helped a little, reducing the frequency and made them a little less liquid but nowhere near solid. I have type 2 diabetes which is under control with metformin & victoza, to the point now where my blood sugar is actually not diabetic; and also crestor. How can i get my digestive sytem back to normal?
Hi there.
Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I am Dr.Abid a Medical Internist and will help you out.
As you have had viral infection that is gradually improving except loose bowel movements you are diabetic and having controlled blood glucose levels at this stage you do not need Immodium it will prolong infection by preventing excretion of germs.
You should avoid dairy products, caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and fatty or highly seasoned foods.The illness and dehydration may have made you weak and tired so just maintain good hydration ORS (Oral rehydrating salt )will help you out.Use yougrut within next 2-3 days you will be perfectly alright.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.
Please leave positive feedback for me.
Thanks.