Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I suspect I have Pancreatitis. Ive had it before and I rather

I suspect I have Pancreatitis. I've had it before and I rather not go to the hospital. Is there anything I can do sans ER.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Abid :

Hi there...

Dr. Abid :

Please tell me do you have epigastric pain,vomiting ?

Dr. Abid :

Do you have tender abdomen?

Dr. Abid :

Regards.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Please provide me info...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have any vomiting nor nausea. I have a pain (sometimes mild, sometimes semi-severe) right in my upper abdomen underneath the center of my ribcage. The left side of my back also hurts but it feels more like a pulled muscle or something. The pain has lasted now for a few hours, and it woke me up from my sleep. I went into the hospital two years ago for similar pain and they diagnosed it as acute pancreatitis. They didn't know what caused it. I rarely drink alcohol and am a not obese by any means. I am 5 foot 2 and weigh 110 lbs, and eat a relatively healthy diet. I did go out this weekend and had two drinks over a period of maybe 4 or 5 hours. (a martini and a mixed cocktail). I took two exedrin last night, which I've never taken before, because I was developing a very bad headache and that is all we had laying around at work (I waitress). I don't know if that is relevant information or not, but maybe a bad reaction to the exedrin has something to do with the pain?

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for info...
As you do not have vomiting,nausea,severe abdominal pain and you have had history of Exedrin intake which is he combination of Acetaminophen and Asprin and your discomfort in the center of rib cage mean in stomach region indicates that you have Gatritis which is the inflammation of stomach and Exedrin can be the reason,it is highly unlikely the pancreatitis.
I will suggest you to try acid blockers also called histamine (H-2) blockers reduce the amount of acid released into stomach,which relieves gastritis pain and encourages healing. Available by prescription or over the counter acid blockers include ranitidine (Zantac), famotidine (Pepcid), cimetidine (Tagamet) and nizatidine (Axid).You should get it hopefully soon you will be better avoid foods that irritate stomach especially those that are spicy, acidic, fried or fatty.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.
Please leave positive feedback for me.
Thanks.
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS(R)