Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Hi Doc,Is there any new treatment for ischaemic stroke?

Hi Doc,

Is there any new treatment for ischaemic stroke? Doc, I am a stroke patient for six (6)years now and I am still having physical therapy but my right side body is still very weak. My fingers cannot completely open and my leg is weak up until now. However, I am glad that I can walk but not so straight.

Is there a new procedure that can open up my left side clogged blood artery so that it may improve my condition?

Please advise.

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Unfortunately, once the brain tissue has been damaged or killed from an ischemic stroke, there is nothing that can be done to restore it, even if you bring back the blood supply. This is especially true 6 years after the event.

Hopefully in our Grandchildren's time this will no longer be true.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS