Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

hello, i have had bloody stools for 3 days. The only difference

hello,
i have had bloody stools for 3 days. The only difference in my life is that i am on vacation in amsterdam. i do not have a history of bloody stools. is this something to be worried about? if so, what could this be symptomatic of? thanks

Dr. Hasan :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Dr. Hasan :

Do you have any other symptom beside this like diarrhea, constipation, fever, mucus in stool?

Dr. Hasan :

Is this fresh blood or clotted?

Dr. Hasan :

The blood is mixed with stool or comes after you have passed the stool?

Dr. Hasan :

Please enter the chat to proceed.

I am sorry you were unable to enter the chat. Please reply to the info asked above. Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
fresh blood [i think] mixed with stool. no other symptoms.
Gregg thanks a lot for your input. I am really sorry to hear about your problem. The cause for this blood stained stool can be hemorrhoids, diverticulitis or infection of the colon (colitis). Chances of having anything serious with this new onset bleeding is not likely so please don't stress yourself. However you need to go to ER or see doctor at the earliest because you may need further treatment like antibiotics after an evaluation. Till you visit your doctor, you need to take some stool softener to avoid constipation. You must drink plenty of fluids but don't stress yourself for anything serious like cancer etc. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.