Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

Hello, I am really concerned about my health, and the fact

Hello, I am really concerned about my health, and the fact I have not been able to tolerate my thyroid meds for the past 8 to 10 months or more, I have had under active thyroid for 35 years. I have seen around 15 doctors over the last 15 months or so, have been in and out of ED several times, have had all sorts of blood and urine tests, they all come back ok. Around 4 years ago I got a really bad virus, got shingles in my head and then was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I got another virus this last xmas, my thyroid went very low really fast, I just don't seem to be getting any better, have tried 6 different types of meds, even having some specially made up for me. I have had really bad head aches, not the same as shingles. when I take thyroid meds it causes me to have strange heads, sore lungs, asthma, and my irregular heart beat worsens. have had pore health most of my life, I am 65 years old. Hope you can be of some help, just don't know where to turn. Thank you Lynne.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

welcome to the chat

Dr. Natasha :

what is your tsh?

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

do you know what your tsh is

Dr. Natasha :

Have you worked with a bioidentical hormone doctor?

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

please type and hit reply

Dr. Natasha :

Lynne I cannot help you unless you reply to my questions..

Customer:

my tsh was 95 when it was really low in January, think it is about 5 know, doctors put everything back on my thyroid, no I haven't worked with anyone. sorry I have not done anything like this before.

Dr. Natasha :

Ok. thanks

Dr. Natasha :

I am here

Dr. Natasha :

wow that is a high TSH

Dr. Natasha :

well where do you live in new zealand?

Dr. Natasha :

What happens when you take thyroid supplements.

Dr. Natasha :

I am hypothyroid too- so I understand how you feel

Dr. Natasha :

get back to me

Customer:

I live in christchurch, when i take it ifeel really strange in the head, then my lungs get sore, and my asthma and breathing get worse

Dr. Natasha :

ok

Dr. Natasha :

thanks

Dr. Natasha :

well, I would consider a practitioner who is well versed in alternative treatment and bioidentical hormones

Dr. Natasha :

There is one in CC

Dr. Natasha :

Dr. Sue Levin

Dr. Natasha :

http://www.essenceofhealth.co.nz/

Dr. Natasha :

275 Fifield Tce
Opawa
Christchurch

Dr. Natasha :

Phone

Dr. Natasha :

03(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Dr. Natasha :

the difference between these practitioners is that they look at the patient as a whole essential being as opposed to just treating the thyroid (which does work for some, but not for all)

Dr. Natasha :

She is a medical doctor and a naturopath

Dr. Natasha :

which is a rare and very fortunate combination

Customer:

yes i have in the last few days been told of her, but can not get to see her for four weeks, i thought i could get some other input in the mean time Thanks

Dr. Natasha :

hmm. Well, try to see if you can call first thing monday and get in. I cannot prescribe or compound these hormones for you from this website.

Dr. Natasha :

At least you have heard from another practitioner that this is the right way to go!

Dr. Natasha :

:-)

Dr. Natasha :

I hope that I was able to provide you with excellent service? :-)/

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

are you there

Customer:

yes

Dr. Natasha :

Did I provide you with excellent service? :-)?

Dr. Natasha :

?

Dr. Natasha :

would you mind rating this service?

Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
I will check in with you in 4 weeks to see how your appointment went.
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 8 months ago.
Hi
How was your appointment?