Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

Yesterday I was working in low income, vacant apartment and

Yesterday I was working in low income, vacant apartment and accidentally stuck my finger with what I am nearly sure to be the little needle point that a diabetic person pricks their finger to test their blood. It was down along the carpet. I squeezed my finger and it did draw blood. I noticed an Accu check strip and another finger prick with the cap on, which is why I am nearly positive that is what it was, not any kind of a syringe. According to the property manager, the apartment has been vacant for nearly a month. It did appear to be the room of a teenage girl judging by things written on the door. Should I worry about HIV, hepatitis, or anything??

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

No, I would not be worried about this encounter. These are not large needles which can contain a lot of blood- and HIV and hepatitis C would not survive for an extended amount of time out side of the body

Dr. Natasha :

Especially if it has been vacant for 1 month

Dr. Natasha :

There is nothing that would survive that

Dr. Natasha :

did you get that?

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

please type

Customer:

Yes I did. Thank you. I was pretty sure I knew the answer, but was a little freaked out and wanted to make sure. Sorry for the delay in typing, my daughter has a cold and 3 year old son is being rowdy.

Dr. Natasha :

understood :-)

Dr. Natasha :

did I provide you with excellent service? :-)?