Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have a strange "knot" or sensation of something pressing

I have a strange "knot" or sensation of something pressing up against my upper abdomen around my upper rib cage on the left. It is not a visual bulging you can see or anything that can be felt by pressing in that area. just like some "thumping" or pressing around that area every few minutes. There is no pain with it. Just annoying- could I have pulled a muscle or maybe have a hernia? I do not have any intestinal problems (loose stool, constipation) and feel fine otherwise. Thanks
Hi there.
Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I am Dr.Abid a Medical Internist and will help you out.
It seems that you have abdominal gas and distension and knot like sensation in upper abdomen,left side could be gas.
Gas pain or knot like feelings are usually intense but brief. Once the gas is gone symptoms often disappears. In some cases symptoms may be constant or so intense that it feels like something is seriously wrong.Gas can sometimes be mistaken for heart disease,gallstones or appendicitis.You should avoid foods that cause gas problem like beans, onions, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, artichokes, asparagus, pears, apples, peaches, prunes, sugar free candies and chewing gum, whole-wheat bread, bran cereals or muffins, milk, cream, ice cream, ice milk, and beer, sodas and other carbonated beverages try over the counter products that contain simethicone it will help break up the bubbles in gas.
Meanwhile you should get EKG and ultrasonography to rule out other health issues.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.
Please leave positive feedback for me.
Thanks.