Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

Which is the one that is most likely causing my intestines

Which is the one that is most likely causing my intestines to continuously do a lot of gurgling sounds: The fact that I just ate or my constipation? Which should I do next: Take Colace or take Gas-X or take both? Thank you.

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

welcome to the chat

Dr. Natasha :

You can get gurgling with both gas and constipation, because your body is trying to move stool through

Dr. Natasha :

Colace is a stool softener

Dr. Natasha :

Do you feel consipated?

Dr. Natasha :

constipated?

Customer:

I feel O.K. It just makes me feel uneasy to continuously hear the gurgling. I don't have the urge to go. Yesterday, I had hard stools.

Dr. Natasha :

Do you feel gasey- burping or passing gas?

Customer:

I have done a little of both.

Dr. Natasha :

A lot or a little?

Customer:

Constipation is a problem that I have had for a very long time.

Customer:

A little.

Dr. Natasha :

okay

Dr. Natasha :

I would take a colace and drink prune juice (warm- 1 cup)

Dr. Natasha :

This is a nice soft stimulant laxative which will move things through and the colace will soften up your stool

Customer:

So you think it's the constipation that is causing the gurgling and not the fact that I just ate?

Dr. Natasha :

It could be a combination of both, I am giving you a suggestion on how to treat it

Hi
I was checking to see how you were doing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been taking a cup of warm prune juice and 3 Colace pills with water once a day, everyday, starting on the day that you and I first spoke. I had a bowel movement on that Friday, and again on Saturday. I did not go on Sunday, and I have not gone yet today, so far. In the event that I might have an impacted stool, does your suggestion have a positive outlook on working against a possible impacted stool? Thank you.

Not online for next 1.5 hours
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Huh? I presume you are saying that you won't be online for the next hour and a half. Anyway, I plan to continue your suggestion until Friday. I just brought this up since you asked how I was doing. Thank you.

Hi
Sorry
I wanted to let you know I didn't forget about you.
If the stool was truly impacted you would not be able to have a BM or you would be having watery stool dribbling around it. So if your stool is moving, that's great.

Thanks for the feedback.

Good luck