Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Hello i am a 24 year old female of average hight 52 " and

Hello i am a 24 year old female of average hight 5'2 " and average weight 115 lbs. In the last week i have started having pain in my upper right abdomial region near the middle of my abdomin. I have had my appendix removed 8 years ago. My blood pressure right now is 134/69 and my pulse is 84. The pain is constant rangeing from a dull ache to pain when i laugh and take a deep breath. I have celiac disease and colitis.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Q. Do you have nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite or heartburn?

Q. Are you taking medication?

Q. Do you have any tenderness when you press down on the painful area?

Q. Does this pain go to the back or the right shoulder?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have no nausea, vomiting or heartburn i do have a loss of appetite

The only medication i am on is follic acid as i am trying to concieve

There is tenderness when i press on the area

The pain does not go in to my back or right sholder

Thanks for the details.

This seems like a muscle cramp/spasm.
You have no symptoms that canbe related to any visceral conditions like gall bladder inflammation, gall stones, liver conditions or kidney conditions.
Nausea, vomiting and heartburn are typical symptoms seen in gall bladder inflammation and most of the other upper GI conditions as well.
The pain is not referred to the shoulder or the back which further rules out any sub diaphragmatic or upper GI related pathology.
Muscle cramps can take up to 2 weeks to get better with treatment.
I suggest that you start on an anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day.
You should also use Ibuprofen liquigel to massage on the painful area thrice or four times in a day.
You should avoid cold and it is best to keep a warm compress on the painful area every now and then when you are sitting and relaxing at home or at night before going to bed.
A hot shower or bath at night will also relieve the pain during the night.
Typically, muscle spasms can be relieved by muscle relaxants but they are prescription medication and are available only on prescription.
You are already keeping yourself well hydrated and that is very important.
If the pain worsens or you start to experience any nausea, vomiting, fever or diarrhoea, then you should see a physician in the Urgent Care or an ER for a complete and detailed examination and tests such as an upper abdominal ultrasound.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.