Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had my gallbladder removed in 2009. Because i had 1 large

I had my gallbladder removed in 2009. Because i had 1 large gallstone. The last 2 years i feel i have lump inside my right rib and some times find it hard to take a deep breath. What could be this cause

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Did your doctor examine your liver, do an ultasound, CT scan or MRI?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Do you have any other symptoms?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Do you take any medication or have any other medical problem?

Customer:

When i got my gallbladder out i had ultrasount and ct scan but that was back in 2009. I feel swelled on my right side i am not on any medicine. I find i feel bad when i eat to much and find it hard to digest food.

Dr. Rick, MD :

ok

Dr. Rick, MD :

It is possible that you have a dilated stump of a bile duct.

Dr. Rick, MD :

That being said, I would have thought that your doctor would think of this and do whatever is needed to properly evaluate that possibility......

Dr. Rick, MD :

You may also have torn a muscle there, or have a lipoma, a problem with a damaged nerve, something going on with your lungs.....

Dr. Rick, MD :

The good news? A complete physical exam, along with a MRI, should be able to figure out the problem.

Dr. Rick, MD :

If this MD is not giving you the answers you need, I would suggest consulting another physician.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Just as an aside, I have friends in Londonderry and get up to visit them every few years. They run a dairy farm and, as such, are very busy. Once, however, we did manage to get away and head up to Loch Ness to visit Nessy....she was not available to chat while we were there ;)

Dr. Rick, MD :

It looks like you have stepped away from your computer...

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS