Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

After an overseas trip my feet usually gets swollen for 2/3

After an overseas trip my feet usually gets swollen for 2/3 day n the last few years. However, after my last trip, my feet was swollen for almost a month. My thighs felt like a million needles being pressed against my lags 9abpve the knees) it wake up a few times and it always in the morning. it' s has been a month since that happened but, now ( right from above the knee no mu middle thighs) are itchy, tingling, and feel kind of numb almost. Other symptoms are the bottoms of my feet are so dry.
i am a women in my med thirties about 30 ponds over weight with healthy blood work.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

what is your age?

Customer:

34

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you had any tests for this or been to any doctor as yet?

Customer:

No. but i had Blood work done last April before all this and everything was fine.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The main possibility with your legs swelling like they are, the valves of your legs are not working and that is the most likely problem I think in your case. Heart disease is a cause of swelling of the legs but that would be UNLIKELY at your age. Other causes like kidney disease, liver disease also seem unlikely because you had your blood workup recently that was normal.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that you should wear elastic compression stocking and keep your feet up as much as you can. If that does not work then you may need to be put on a water pill (diuretic) to take the extra water out of your legs.

Customer:

I had a UTI overseas but, i wasn't having sex.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Ok, but a UTI should not lead to swelling. A urine analysis which can be done over the counter with a dipstick should also be done to check if you are not losing protein in your urine.

Customer:

I feel something is off with my body. I never get sick.

Customer:

Do i need to see my GP?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes

Dr. Shahzad MD :

a GP would be fine

Customer:

thanks

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

wish you all the best

Dr. Shahzad MD :

take care

Dr. Shahzad MD :

good bye

Dr. Shahzad MD :

rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies