PrimaryCare1
PrimaryCare1, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Providing Integrative Healthcare for the Whole family with over 30 years experience in E.R. and Primary Care.
75862358

woke up yesterday and my stomach felt yukkie went to work but

woke up yesterday and my stomach felt yukkie went to work but struggled as was a bit lethargic came home & slept, stomach is still yukkie & feel a bit nauseas if I get up and move around doing things havnt vomited or had diarrhea but my son has had diarrhea for the last few days and been sleeping a lot and felt like he was going to vomit but didnt

PrimaryCare1 :

Hi, This is Dr. Phil. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. I am happy to answer your question.

Customer:

ok thankyou

PrimaryCare1 :

The most common cause of nausea, fatigue and diarrhea is an intestinal virus infection which is contagious. It is very likely that you and your son are suffering from this problem. The treatment is a diet of fluids like gatorade, jello, chicken noodle soup, yoghurt. For nausea relief, there is an over the counter tablet called Meclizine. If diarrhea is a problem, pepto bismol is most effective for relief, and also helps to eliminate the virus. Intestinal virus infection usually only lasts a few days. If you don't feel better in three to four days, then it is time to see a doctor. I hope this advice helps!

Customer:

mmmm that makes sense-ok but is it normal to not be vomiting or not have diarrhea and only feel nauseas & my stomach starts to churn when im up and about

PrimaryCare1 :

Vomiting and diarrhea do not have to occur with an intestinal virus infection. The intestinal tract is stimulated by movement and activity-that is why your stomach churns more when you are moving around. Truthfully, the list of possible causes of nausea and fatigue is quite long but intestinal virus is at the top of the list. Do you have any further questions regarding this?

Customer:

yep that makes total sense completely thank u no other questions thank u

PrimaryCare1 :

It's my pleasure, I hope you start feeling better soon! I would appreciate you giving me a positive rating so that I can get credit for helping you. If you have any other questions, you can reach me at my direct link. Dr. Phil

Customer:

ok thank you I can do that