Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

My daughter had an iron infusion two days she

My daughter had an iron infusion two days she was experiencing feeing of unwellness-aches in her body, nausea,feverish....and this has persisted through the night....feeling cold but her body is very hot to the touch but with no temperature,taking paracetemol but not relieving much..what could it be??how can I help?? Thank you
Hi there.
Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I am Dr.Abid a Medical Internist and will help you out.
Regarding your concern I want to tell you that muscle cramps ,nausea,vomiting, strange taste in the mouth, diarrhea, constipation, headache, cough, back pain, joint pain, dizziness, or swelling of the arms/legs may occur after IV iron infusion. Pain, swelling,feverish feeling or redness at the injection site may occur. If these effects continue or worsen it is advised that dr should be consulted.
Gradually effects of the drug will go away but it will be wise decision to once consult dr.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX her good health.
Please leave positive feedback for me.