Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Quick question about stomach viruses. My daughter has been

Quick question about stomach viruses. My daughter has been complaining since Tuesday of being bloaty, gassy, and uncomfortable in her stomach. It has subsided since then but it is still bothering her. At first I attributed it to pms cramps (she id due for her period within the next few days), but she says it feels different from her normal cramps. She has no fever or any other symptoms. Her appetite waned a little yesterday, but she ate a good amount this morning. But immediately following her breakfast, she said her stomach felt a little weird. Can a virus be present in the absence of vomitting and/or diarhea? My mom visited us last week and had something similar for a day or two.
Hi there.
Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I am Dr.Abid a Medical Internist and will help you out.
Usually stomach flu presents with nausea,vomiting,bloating,diarrhea along with low grade fever.
As she has no vomiting ,diarrhea and fever so highly unlikely stomach flu.It can be early symptoms of PMS .
Regards.
Positive feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I hate to sound naive with my questions regarding pms, but I had a hysterectomy the day she was born so I have forgotten much of how it effects the body. So PMS can present itself with stomach ache, bloating, gas, and overall cruddy feeling?

Yes it can have wide range of presentation.Most possibly she has PMS.
Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last question and I will compensate you for your time. Because she is feeling a bit better and there are no other concerning symptoms, in your opinion, I don't need to bring her to her pediatrician?

I don't think she need dr at this stage.
Do not worry she will be fine.
Regards.