Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am a 49 y/o male in generally good health. I do have heart

Customer Question

I am a 49 y/o male in generally good health. I do have heart and seizure concerns but both are under control with mediation. Recently I noticed a "sore" on penis. It's about 1/2" long and about 1/4 " wide. It is a dark redish color and has no discharge or discomfort. It is however somewhat swollen but it's hidden by pubic hair. Could this be Herpes or should I just wait it out?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Where do I find your response?

Tim,

Sorry for the delay. I'm in the process of getting ready to head to the clinic and answer your question at the same time....

Have you engaged in any recent unprotected sexual activity with a new partner recently?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Are there lesions anywhere else?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

How long have the lesions been present?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have had sex relations with my partner of 8 months and no one else. The lesion is only on the base near the pubic bone. I have no aches or loss of appetite. My heart and seizure condition, as well as neuropothy in my legs,I believe, were caused by excessive long term alcohol abuse. I'm otherwise heathy. The lesion has been there for approximately 3 days. She shows no signs.

Tim,

Thank you for that extra information.

I would not rush to blame this lesion on herpes or any other STD. It could be from many issues.

Of course, and I am sure you can understand this, without examining you or even looking at a picture of the lesion, there is no way for me to definitively diagnose this penile lesion. For that you will have to see a doctor up close and in person....

If I had a lesion such as you are describing, I'd get in and have it checked out just to be sure.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

My response to your response is this:I didn't expect a diagnosis from you. I know I should consult my family Dr. I am aware of the fact that my condition could have many possible causes. I'm aware that, without a thorough examination, my condition can not be diagnosed. My question was and is WHAT DO YOU THINK COULD BE THE CAUSE? Not such a simple problem that can be answered in this format but certainly NOT worth the $35.00 that I was charged. I believe that this entire website is a sham, a scam and a complete waste of money, time and effort. I will, without naming you specifically, tell everyone I know to steer clear of this website.

Tim,

That sure is your right. I can assure you, however, that this website is not a scam. I am a real MD...but, my diagnostic powers are greatly reduced when I am limited to online chat as my only tool, especially when it comes to diagnosing a lesion on your penis.....

I wish you the best.

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I understand your limitations in this situation and I am not questioning or disputing your medical expertise. This is not an attempt to get an answer for free, obviously. But how about truth in advertising. Why not put a note in your disclaimer as follows: ''I am an expert in my medical field. I cannot and will not make a diagnosis based on ANYTHING you might say or have a question regarding". It might shoo some anyway but, at least, it would be upfront and honest. Again, this is NOT directed toward you. It's just this whole website that's geared toward taking advantage of people who are already paranoid and might not be able to afford an actual bill. Best of life and health.

Tim,

I will opt out so as to open your concerns up to all other experts. Perhaps Dr. Thomas can assist you.

Have a good weekend.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Okay, thanks. When can I converse with him. I mean I've already been charged so I might as well get a second opinion.

Do not reply as that will just lock your question again.

He will contact you when he online and available.....or another expert may come online.

Take care.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 10 months ago.
Hi were you trying to get me originally?

I can certainly help you with this, but we are only paid per positive rating.
Would you like to work with me and rate on this post, or find me by request?:
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I am just wondering if my condition is a MAJOR cause for concern and if or when I should consult a doctor in person. I don't really have the money nor the resources to go to a DR. so I thought I would try here.

Yes this is a significant concern.
It could be a canker sore of syphilis for example.

It could be a pimple that has not become infected with staph bacterial.
Its size is quite significant.

It might have started at folliculitis and become infected. With staph.

Eczema and psoriasis can also occur in this area, as can fungal infection.

It needs to be examined, and swabbed for the lab, based on your description.

That is without any doubt what so ever.

Please click a positive rating.

If there are then any problems, customer service can straighten them out.

I am here if you need me for follow up.

If you find me on a new post in the future, just use my request link and "dr. Thomas only" in the title.