Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hello, Im a 24 year old female and I have a question for you

Hello, I'm a 24 year old female and I have a question for you about a skin issue that I have been having for a little over 3 months now. It first started out as two small itchy red welts on my back that looked like bug bites that went away after about a week. I have had them 6 times now and every time they come back they are in the same spot but the old ones get bigger and a few more pop up in random places each time, I am up to about 20-30 now and they itch very badly. I have them from my ancle to the top of my head and a couple coming up just under my botXXXXX XXXXXp. They look like welped up burn marks when their at their worst and are all oval shapes of different sizes please help I have tried itch cream, rash cream, blue star ointment, moisturizers, anti fungal and anti bacterial creams and nothing helps. the biggest is a lil more than an inch long and they all start out as small as an little bug bite.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Amanda,

It is possible that you have some sort of pest in your house, such as bed bugs.

I suggest you consult with a dermatologist, in person, so she can confirm that these lesions are not pathological in nature. She can also prescribe a cream that will work better to relieve your symptoms since none of the OTC products are working for you.

Then, contact a exterminator for an evaluation of your bedroom and home.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I do not take any medications and have ruled out bed begs because my husband sleeps in the same bed

Amanda,

Maybe the just like you better ;-)

At this point I think your only recourse is to have a dermatologist take a up-close-and-personal look at the lesions, especially since you have already tried OCT and at-home therapies without success.

I'm sure that you can understand that, using online chat as my only diagnostic tool, I'm limited in what I can do in coming up with a specific diagnosis...

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC