Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

hello, I have been to the dr. 3 times. The first time I went

hello, I have been to the dr. 3 times. The first time I went I thought I had a UTI. No evidence of infection on UA, but they did find 3+ Bilirubin. Sent me in for blood work and it all came back normal. in 4 days I went back to dr. and I had 3+ bilirubin again. told me to come back in 2 weeks. I did and it was 1+ bilirubin. Now I am supposed to wait 3 weeks and have it done again. If there is any bilirubin in it, I am supposed to go see a urologist. In my mind that seems like the wrong place to go. I have ankylosing spondylitis and have been on NSAIDS/humira/and other pain meds and stuff for autoimmune. What do you think?
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

What type of doctor did you see?

Do you have any other symptoms?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
I agree with you. Increased levels of bilirubin in the urine and usually not due to a primary issue with the kidneys or GI system but, rather, with the liver, biliary tract or gallbladder.

I would suggest your next consultation be with an internal medicine MD or a liver specialist.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I saw a family medicine MD at my family dr.'s office, and then I have seen the nurse practitioner. Should I go ahead and make an appointment with a internal medicine dr.? Or should I wait the 3 weeks.

I would make the appointment now with the internal medicine MD. Try to have your records sent over to the new doctor prior to your appointment, or hand carry them over prior to your visit.

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Let me know how things turn out.

Dr. Rick MD FACS