Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have a small fracture on my bone on top part of my right

I have a small fracture on my bone on top part of my right foot and was wondering what would be best over the counter medicines would be best to help it and what is usual time table for a fracture to heal on top of foot.?
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Timothy,

The time it takes to heal depends on which bone is broken, if it is displaced, stable etc but, in general, you can figure on 6 to 8 weeks, and continued remodeling for a few months.

If you eat a healthy diet there is nothing else in particular you need to add. If you want, you can take a multi vitamin to make sure you are not low on any specific element.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not really allergic to anything and have been taking advil for the pain. The doctor gave me a boot to wear but it still hurts a lot. I teach 2nd grade so still stand a lot during day.

Is advil best thing for over counter?

Timothy,

Yes. Advil will be fine.

Get a chair to sit on while you teach :)

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.