Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

dropped a frozen ham on my foot. foot pain is very bad. top

dropped a frozen ham on my foot. foot pain is very bad. top of hurt discolored and swollen. feel the pain straight to the sole of my foot. help!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

What can I do to help?

Dr. Rick, MD :

do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Dr. Rick, MD :

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I see that you are offline. I will switch to Q&A format. This format works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Julie,

Dr. Rick, MD : Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?
Dr. Rick, MD : What can I do to help?
Dr. Rick, MD : do you have any medical problems or take any medication?
Dr. Rick, MD : This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no medical problems and do not take any medications

Julie,

Thank you for that extra information.

Now. What can I do for you? You have not asked a question or made a request :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dropped a frozen ham on my foot. top of foot discolored and swollen. painful right thru the sole of the foot. what should i do?/

Julie,

Well, if you are concerned that something is broken, which it probably is not, then go see a doctor for an xray. It would be OK to wait until tomorrow as long as you have good pink color under your toe nails and the color comes right back after you press on them.

Otherwise, stay off it, elevate it, put ice on it and take motrin or tylenol....which you are already doing :)

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS