Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hello, i just noticed two days ago a small lump in the entry

Hello, i just noticed two days ago a small lump in the entry of my anus, its kind of purple and does not hurt neither bleed , but its unconfortable. Do you think it is an hemorrhoid,all my family has it but i thought i could escape...

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Yes. The most common cause for the lesion you have noticed is an external hemorrhoid.

Dr. Rick, MD :

If it is bothering you Preparation H, which you can buy almost anywhere, works very well....

Dr. Rick, MD :

Of course, the only way to be 110% sure that this lesion is a hemorrhoid is to have your doctor bend you over and take a look. That being said, if you are not having any other symptoms I do not see a need to rush to your doctor for an exam from what you have posted.

Customer: It does not really bothers me, but i took a picture at it and it looks ugly and kind of big, but as it is the first time i have this i really dont know what to expect
Customer: Is there any way to send you a pic so you can give me your opinion?
Dr. Rick, MD :

Here is an excellent article from a highly respected source that you might find helpful:

Dr. Rick, MD :

Sure. You can use the paperclip on your screen to attach the picture if it is on your computer.

Customer: I dont see any paperclip but im on iphone so...
Customer: Is it possible to switch from iphone to pc or if i log in in a pc i cant retrieve to this chat with you?
Dr. Rick, MD :

I will just leave this chat open and you should be able to access it again from your PC.

Dr. Rick, MD :

If, however, you are on a MAC our system does not play well with MACs and I don't think the picture will upload this way.....

Customer: My pc is not mac , its windows fortunately
Dr. Rick, MD :

Ok. That will work. You should be able to switch over to your PC.....I'll standby

Customer: Ok thanks
Customer:

Full Size Image

Dr. Rick, MD :

got it....let me take a look

Customer:

sorry for the poor pic and for the "hairy" enviroment but i come from a "ape" family

Dr. Rick, MD :

99.9% positive that is a hemorrhoid.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Nothing to worry about at this time from what you have posted.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Are you still there?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

so i dont have to worry? do you think the "swollen" lump will go away or will stay there?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Is there anything else you would like to ask me this afternoon (I think it is evening on your side of the planet)

Dr. Rick, MD :

It is nothing to worry about. It will vary in size from time to time......that is the way these things are...

Customer:

ok. Thanks a lot Dr. Rick and i just discovered right now this kind of doctor apointment , very very usefull. Thanks

Dr. Rick, MD :

My pleasure. Glad I could help

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS