I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.
Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.
what did they see on Ultrasound and scan? was it a lump?
Please type your response and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send your message.
They saw a few things-nodule on the lower inferior section of my thyroid scan, 2 cysts in the lower lobe of thyroid. The sestamibi scan evidently showed the same thing as the ultrasound.
i see you are typing, i will wait for your response
The surgeon wants me to see an endocrinologist but it seems that perhaps this will be delaying the inevitable--not sure what causes the change in the pth level
I am an ENT specialist and well versed in this disorder
i would say, with the ultrasound and sestamibi scan both showing a nodule on the lower border, this is something for which surgery is needed
your initial rise of PTH is highly suspicious
That's what I am thinking.
although it has come to normal now, i would not cancel the surgery
it is best to go through with the surgery as you cannot risk having a PTH tumor remaining there
Ok. I appreciate your time. Do you think I should encourage my surgeon to draw another pth level? I can't get in to see the endocrinologist until December. I also failed to tell you I have osteoporosis although I appear extremely well fit.
three findings are confluencing here - rise of PTH, node on US, node on Sestamibi
i dont thing thats necessary at this stage
wait for the endocrinologist
Ok. Thank you!
endocrinologist will probably go for PTH levels anyway