Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

i have had addiction for since 05. I dont pick at my

i have had meth addiction for since 05'. I don't pick at my skin cause of "meth mites". my problem is I have real bad problem with ingrown hairs. any cuts. abrassions, or sores result in ingrown hairs. and it doesn't matter if im clean for a year. the sores will reappear. it has gotten to point my body is 85percent ingrown hairs or deep scar tissue
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

How long has this been going on for?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Mark,

You need to see a dermatologist for a complete examination. Also, a check up by an internal medicine doctor is in order to make sure that you do not have any underlying problems secondary to your long history of meth use.

From what you have posted, this is not something you should continue to try and treat on your own.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS