Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

fell 7 feet onto hardwood floors. I instinctively put all my

fell 7 feet onto hardwood floors. I instinctively put all my weight on my left foot because I had knee surgery on other leg. My left heel caught the brunt of the fall. The x rays say nothing is fractured or broken, but it is getting worse.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

How long ago did this happen?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Ginny,

If it seems to be getting worse, you may have bruised your heel or even fractured it. Sometimes breaks in this area do not show up easily or when they first happen.

Since you have had surgery on your other knee you don't want to put it under extra stress because your left foot is acting up....

You should contact a podiatrist and try to get in for a evaluation, the sooner the better.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The pain is sharp behind the ankle. I was given Loritab and it didn't touch the pain. I try not to move much because of the pain. It never goes away. Do you suggest a CAT scan?