Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hi I been having popping sound in my right ear for the past

Hi I been having popping sound in my right ear for the past 2weeks, I went to the my general dr anf he prescribe me nasal spry n Zyrtec. When will the popping sound will go away completely. I will be having an hearing test next month will this poping sound will interfere my test.
HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.
Do you have other symptoms like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, fluid trickling in throat, decreased hearing, ear blockade, feeling of water in the ear, dizziness etc?
Does this sound come and go?
Have you started the medicines, if yes any difference?
Any diagnosed medical problem?
Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No none of the obove, n yes it goes for a day r two n comes back. My primary dr told me that I sounded a little congested.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
N yes I started the medication
Maria thanks a lot for your input. Yes it does sounds like congestion or some fluid behind your ear drum. Usually it happens due to dysfunction or congestion of the ear tube present behind the nose. Till the time this congestion is present, yes it can interfere with your hearing test but this congestion goes away with treatment and i have few suggestions to enhance the recovery. Tab Sudafed twice daily for ten days along with xylometazoline nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily for five days are excellent in reliving the problem. Both are available over the counter. Lastly do take steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily. If problem persist then see ENT and get your tympanometry test to proceed further but hopefully you will feel better soon. It takes around 10 to 14 days to get rid of this congestion in most of the cases. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for ur help, my hearing test is for a job that I applied so can I fail the test if this don't go away. Thank you
Maria there are two types of hearing loss. One is conductive loss and other is sensorineural loss. For job purposes we are concerned with sensorineural loss because it has no treatment. In your case even if some haring loss is detected it will be conductive type. Conductive loss is almost always treatable so for job purposes it doesn't matter. So don't loose hope, you are going to clear it in either case. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
HI Maria, how are you feeling now? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dr. Hasan I'm doing much better my popping is almost gone, I notice that when my nose is plug a get the popping, but I feel much better. Thank you for asking
Maria you are most welcome. Yes if you feel the popping while having blocked nose this means that problem is with your Eustachian tube. I hope you have followed my advise. My wishes for you always. Regards