Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

My wife has parkinsons she takes carb/alevo her nose runs

My wife has parkinson's she takes carb/alevo her nose runs benadyl seems to help. But the other problem is a real heavy drule is the medication causeing this?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

The medicines she is on will not cause excessive drooling. Drooling is people with parkinson's occurs due to inability to swallow the saliva normally produced in the mouth.

Some treatments tried out are anticholinergic drugs like benzotropine - but these may cause side effects like urine retention. Taking 1% atropine eye solution under the tongue twice daily seems to help in some people but this is not a typical use of this drug and you will need to discuss this with your doctor before trying it out.

Botulinum toxin injection into the muscles around the mouth can also help to some extent.

I hope this helps.