DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I had an unusual and out of the blue fainting spell and threw

I had an unusual and out of the blue fainting spell and threw up 4 times one night and when I went into the ER, they gave me an EKG. No CT or MRI and I was still shaking. They sent me home with nausea meds and told me it was a virus. Is there any way they could have missed something or miss diagnosed me? I was shaking for a few hours and felt like I kept blacking out
Hello
Are you better now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am at the ER for a pain in my back that started again very sharply. My BP dropped down to 122/70
Then I would have them check urinalysis.
X ray of the lower spine.
Examination.
Also metabolic panel blood test.
Repeat EKG.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry, I think I somehow got my questions and answers mixed. As for the fainting question. I don't really feel better. I'm having horrible headaches and bad diarrhea, for the BP question. The person I'm asking about fell and hurt her back and I brought her in. When we saw the 132/79 BP, we got concerned and I found you guys
I have your other question on your other post.
Please refer to that.

As far as your spell...yes they could have missed a heart rhythm problem..which needs a holter monitor.

Or inner ear problem.

Or seizure disorder.

But none of these are as likely as inner ear.

Please do not forget a positive rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not had any issue with seizures before but the black out was very strange and I tremor'd for at least an hour. They looked at my ears and took blood when I went in but again, they labeled it a virus. I really thought they would have given my head a scan to see if there was anything in there. I have a friend with a brain tumor and I don't want something like that to get missed
Brain tumor would be very unlikely.
If this does not clear up entirely, then an MRI of the brain would rule anything like that out.
Please do not forget a positive rating.