Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I had neck injury that is progressivly getting worse, no huge

I had neck injury that is progressivly getting worse, no huge issues on scans thought but I have what seems like classic cord compression issues. Lately my right arm is freezing cold to touch and feel, the fingers are weak and tingly. Nerve conduction showed CTS in both hands but I had zero issues until immediatly after neck injury where lost feeling in arms for about 10 min. Symptoms progressing in body. What is next step when scans dont show big herniation or cord compression yet all symptoms lead to that indication?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 8 months ago.
Well, from what you have posted, it seems like your next step would be to obtain another opinion, this time from an impeachable source of experts.

Where do you find super-subspecialists like that? The best place is a large University Teaching hospital.

. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on, and especially how it could be related to the neck injury you had.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

yes ive been considering going to John Hopkins ,but Ive seen some good doctors in Houston and New Orleans around house. But my symtoms are progressing and there is bowel/urinary/ED issues that are not getting better. I would like to have a mylogram but no one seems to think will show what MRI does not. I have some thyroid / low thiamine levels but all symptoms started with neck injury but entire body both arms/legs affected so its very confusing. I just need to go to John Hopkins i guess but its a heck of trip but could have done 3 times over with time already spent

Aaron,

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you: The best way to come up with a treatment plan and, hopefully, a solution to your condition is to head on over to the Professors at JH, who are at the cutting edge and "think outside the box" each and every day....

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC