Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

Hey doc. I have a couple of red spots on the arch behind my

Hey doc. I have a couple of red spots on the arch behind my left tonsil. The spots look small and they don't hurt. I have no nodes present or any other symptoms. Is this anything to be worried about?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Dr Hassan is currently offline.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If you wish I can help you out with your question.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would appreciate it if you could attach a picture here so that I can see.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would be looking forward to your response.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please attach a picture here so that I can see.

Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no way to show a pic. Are you a ent?

Yes I have training in ENT.
You can attach a picture here by opening this page in either internet explorer or firefox and the in the toolbar clicking on the paperclip button.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't get a clear pic of it. I have had a friend that was diagnosed with mouth cancer and I have been paranoid lately. I have been looking at my mouth and throat a lot. I just saw a red spot on the arch behind my tonsil. It is a small area and it doesn't hurt. It doesn't look real serious but I was just wondering if it sounded concerning to you?

Thank you for the additional information.
I have read some of your previous posts as well.
Since you do not smoke and at your age of 34 it would be EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that this is oral cancer. Something like next to impossible.
So I would not worry if I were you.
I understand that you are stressed because of your friend having oral cancer but the description of the spots does not sound like that you have oral cancer at all.
Kindest Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well I used to smoke occasionally but I haven't had one in over 6 months. I was just wondering based on what I've told u what do u think the red spot could be?

The red spots could be due to previous infections of the throat.

They could be lymphocytes aggregates.

So I would not worry at all.

Nothing thats anything serious and its a normal variation in other words.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks doc. Should I be worried about HPV? I have been married for 8yrs. My wife says she has never had a abnormal pap smear and she is the only person that I have ever given oral sex to.

I would not at all worry about HPV.
There is nothing to suggest that you have HPV.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does our body clear HPV? Would my wife have had a abnormal pap smear if she had HPV?

HPV is usually a lifelong infection.
Our body can sometimes clear it.
Normal pap smears are something that is very encouraging and if she had HPV the types that cause cancer then these would not have been normal.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My doc says and I read online that 90% of people that have HPV clear it within 2yrs. Do u know if this is true. Does HPV always turn to cancer

HPV does not always turn into cancer.
Yes I agree that people can clear HPV virus in due course of time so I do agree but it can be a lifelong infection.