Dr. Shahzad MD
Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCPS.

hello

hello
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shahzad MD replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

what is your question and how can I help you out?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Customer:

I have a lower left back pain that comes and goes. It started happening 2 weeks ago. Then a couple of days ago I started peeing some blood.

Customer:

I don't know what I have

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have to go to the washroom often to pass urine?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I mean do you have increased frequency of urination in other words?

Customer:

yes. sometimes i pee but I cant pee it all out, so I have to go frequently

Customer:

I took pills to get rid of the back pain. That is all of the medications i took

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You have a urine infection

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Infection of the urinary bladder

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This causes blood in urine and back pain as well

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You need antibiotic to cure this

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would recommend that you go to urgent care and get treated after a urine test which will be required to diagnose it

Customer:

is it serious?

Customer:

today I didn't pee blood but I still have lower left back pain

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Its not serious.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Its very common but if you do not get this treated infection can spread in the blood.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

so you do need antibiotics for this.

Customer:

is it common that it happens to 20 year olds?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes, its very common in females, less common in males but it can happen. I have had it twice myself. So from a personal experience I know what you are going through.

Customer:

is there anything else I should know?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Drink lots of water

Customer:

is it also common that I wake up in the middle of the night with my lower left back pain

Dr. Shahzad MD :

good hygiene to prevent it from happening.
It usually happens when bacteria from the stool enter in the urine.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Lower back pain is common.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

yes

Customer:

can I get the antibiotics anywhere

Dr. Shahzad MD :

well, a doctor can prescribe it. I presume you want to avoid meeting a doctor but there is no other legal way of getting an antibiotic other than seeing a doctor.

Customer:

oh ok. I was reading online... What if i have kidney stone?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

A kidney stone would not usually cause pain in the lower back.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

the pain of a kidney stone is higher in the back.

Customer:

when I first get my left lower back pain it was really strong. now its less strong but it still hurts a little

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The infection is still there.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Initally the pain is severe but gets milder

Dr. Shahzad MD :

so you still need to get it treated as far as I am concerned

Customer:

ok thanks

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

take care

Dr. Shahzad MD :

good bye

Dr. Shahzad MD :

rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies

Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MBBS, MD, FCPS.