Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hi there. I am a 21 year old female. On/off for the past

Hi there.

I am a 21 year old female. On/off for the past 2 weeks I've felt like I'm about to catch a cold.. Chills, sore throat, fatigue, just generally feeling blah. But I continued to work and go to school (I teach preschool and attend university).

Went to the doctor, they found that nothing was wrong.

Now for about the past 5-6 days I've had chest pain. Nothing too bad, and it's not localized, it's both sides of my chest. Upper chest under my breasts kind of just feels achey. I have been wheezy on/off but nothing that's restricted my breathing. No cough either. Have had a runny nose and sneezing though.

Then just the past one day I've had chills, and been clammy. Not a high fever though.

Am going to go back to the doctor tomorrow as it's Sunday and closed.

Any ideas on what may be the issue?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Hasan :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Dr. Hasan :

Is there any pain on pressing the chest area?

Dr. Hasan :

Any pain while you cough?

Dr. Hasan :

Chet x ray done.

Dr. Hasan :

or not?

Customer: No X-ray done.
Customer: I don't have a cough but it does hurt to sneeze. Or if I make myself cough
Customer: no pain to press on area
Dr. Hasan :

Do you feel more sore throat when you wake up in the morning?

Customer: The past couple of weeks I've had an on and off sore throat and just generally felt like I was catching a cold but it never seemed to hit. Right now I don't have a sore throat. Just the chest pain has started the past few days. Not worsening over time. Does seem to be worse when I'm laying down though.
Customer: I originally thought bronchitis I have had it before but I have no cough or sore throat right now.
Dr. Hasan :

Thanks a lot for your input.

Dr. Hasan :

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Dr. Hasan :

The likely cause for your chest pain can be musculoskeletal.

Dr. Hasan :

Sometime sneezing or coughing can strain a muscle.

Dr. Hasan :

Anything related to lungs seems least likely because of absence of fever, cough and phlegm.

Dr. Hasan :

But chest xray should be done.

Dr. Hasan :

In such cases Tylenol thrice daily is usually helpful.

Dr. Hasan :

But otherwise nothing serious is likely to be associated here.

Dr. Hasan :

Tylenol helps with other body aches and low grade fever also.

Customer: Do I have reason to worry about heart attack? I mean I am only 21 and not overweight and pulse and blood pressure are normal. But reading on google freaks you out. Lol
Dr. Hasan :

No not at all.

Customer: Also I didn't think so because it's been a few days and hadn't gotten worse.
Dr. Hasan :

In heart attack pain has to be on left side.

Dr. Hasan :

Pain on both sides means that heart problem is out of question.

Dr. Hasan :

Reading about your health on internet can cause heart attack but this pain cannot :)

Dr. Hasan :

Reading on net just causes anxiety.

Customer: Ha ha. Thanks
Dr. Hasan :

One feel that i have everything that is written

Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome.

Dr. Hasan :

Any question please?

Customer: I don't think so. Is it possible that it is bronchitis because of the wheezy breathing (though that's not constant) or not at all because of no cough?
Dr. Hasan :

Yes mild bronchitis is possible but less likely.

Customer: Great thanks. I will go see my family doctor tomorrow just to be sure.
Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome. Good luck for your visit,

I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Dr. Hasan :

You have mistakenly rated my service as poor srvice

Dr. Hasan :

Is this so :(

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery