Dr.Israr
Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
29944350

My granson has had a fever for 3 1/2 days seems to have broke.

My granson has had a fever for 3 1/2 days seems to have broke. but he hasnt ate for four and a half days nor does he want any thing to drink and says hard to swallow. hada chest xray all clear also hd a swab of his throat for cant remember it was clear. He cant continue to not eat r drink. What should i do?? Please help

Hello

Thanks for using just answer.

In order to help you find an answer, could you please answer following:

He is 3 1/2 years old? Am i right?

Any associated history of cough, breathlessness, vomiting or diarrhea?

Any history of pain in abdomen associated?

Is he active and alert or drowsy and lethargic?

Any blood tests done?

Is he getting any medicine for his problems?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes 3 1/2 has been throwing up after meals quite often not every time but a lot, 3rd Question is yes. He is active a while then tired and sleepy and crys about throat and stomach. no blood work done only chest x ray and throat culture

Ok

Few more questions before i can help you properly.

Is he passing urine normally?

Any treatment he has been prescribe by his doctor? AND if yes, is he able to take those medicine or not??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When will i get my q answered . I have given u all the answers u asked but where is your answer. is it e-mailed r what

Ok and thanks for your input.

Based on the informations provided there are various possibilities like pharyngitis, tonsillitis and typhoid fever. Your child need reevaluation by his doctor. He need to go for blood complete counts and typhidot test. In the mean time give him Syp ibuprofen to relieve inflammation in the throat. Use syp Zofran ( ondensetron) for vomiting. It is safe. Give zofran around 30 minutes before using any liquid and semisolid diet ( avoid solid food). Continue with pedialyte to prevent dehydration. Take him to ER immediately if he continue to throw up his meal or unable to take orally despite all of above management.

Thanks and do let me know if you need further help regarding any aspect of this question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

his throwing up has been going 0n 4 over a year r more. he is a little guy 30 lbs and short. he was tested 4 strep they looked in throat said o abt tonsils being bad what is pharyngitis and why a typhoid test. do i need to click each time r when we r done

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Enlarge and inflamed tonsils can cause such issues including fever, inability to take both solid and liquid diet, and persistant vomiting. He may need a short course of antibiotics like amoxicillin if they are inflamed and strep test is positive.

Pharyngitis is inflammation of back of throat which can be a possibility.

There is no need to go for typhidot test if tonsils are found inflamed. We always considered typhoid fever in differential diagnosis when a child has issues like your has but will not require to investigated if inflamed tonsils are present.

You need to click for once and only if you find my answer helpful.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I clicked good service on the last part thank you

Thanks and may GOD help your son.