Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I had an adult circumcision just over 1 year ago. I still

I had an adult circumcision just over 1 year ago. I still maintain significant edema anterior to the scar line. It appears like a thickened pink ring beneath the glans. The last check I had was approximately 8 weeks post operation and the urologist said "[the edema] should go down." If I press on the edematous tissue for several seconds, it will 'pit' and then return to its swollen state after a short time. The edema also makes erections slightly uncomfortable in that particular area. Is there anything non-surgical I can do at this point to improve this condition? Is there a surgical option? Thanks.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

At this point all the edema, of course, should have resolved. It might be that you are experiencing some blockage of the lymph flow.

I do not believe that this will be solved with medical treatment. :(

If I were in your shoes, I would gather up your medical records and consult a different urologist for another opinion. From what you have posted it doesn't seen like your surgeon is interested in giving this issues the attention it deserves.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick,

Thanks for the reply. This makes sense. And to answer your earlier question, I am not taking any medication and I have no medical problems. I'll look into consulting another urologist. Thanks.