Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Sore on the penis shaft

Dr I have had a sore appear on my penis shaft.

I had lengthy rotected sex 2 nights ago and again in the morning. I'm concerned i have a herpes infection. Can you look at the photo and let me know your thoughts I will post a few but you will see the sore I am talking about half way down the shaft.

Some relevant background, about 3 months ago i received unprotect oral sex and thought i may have contracted hsv1 as i kissed the girl beforehand and i had a healing cold sore at the time, 2 weeks later a lesion appeared ina different position on my penis to now but it disapearred within 48 hrs and was never sore to touch. I have since had drs tell me that this initial symptom/concern is very much not herpatic symptoms so i disregarded it as advised.

now this. this lesion is tender to touch but not sore otherwise/walking around etc.

What is your opinion please.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
I have reviewed your pictures and, although they are not in perfect focus on the lesion, the sore looks like a friction burn from your sexual activity.
It does not look like Herpes to me.
Of course, the best way to be 110% sure is to have your primary care MD take a look at it and, while he is at it, do a STD panel on you.
So. What is the take home message? I think you will be ok. Just put a bit of triple antibiotic ointment on the area for a few days.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS