Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Good afternoon, Sir/Mam, Movable mass size of quarter- in

Good afternoon, Sir/Mam,

Movable mass size of quarter- in the tissue in the "knock" (basically front of throat not on thrat but in the skin of my throat.

Its not hard, when I manipulate it it gets irritated and seems to swell up and then goes backl down to the quarter size in 12 hours.

53 year old male Non smoker, non chewer, no history of cancer in family.

Is there a glad in the front of your throat that could swell?

Thank you,

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Nope. No gland there but, maybe it is an infected hair follicle

Dr. Rick, MD :

But, if it doesn't go away by Monday, I'd have a doctor take a look at it.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Are you available to chat?

Customer: Understand your answer thank you.. I most like am not describing correctly. No pain no redness can be irritated by manipulation. It's almost like a feeling of flour in a plastic bag. It's in the loose skin
Dr. Rick, MD :

That could be a sebaceous cyst, but it would be in an unusual position on your neck and, usually, they do not swell when touched.

Dr. Rick, MD :

The best thing to do is get it checked out. There are a lot of important structures in this area :)

Dr. Rick, MD :

have a good weekend.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS