Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi My chest has mild pain and in the night i can see it often

Hi My chest has mild pain and in the night i can see it often after a meal or so !
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 10 months ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Since how long do you have this chest pain?
Does the chest pain increases with exertion?
Is there any numbness or tingling sensation in left arm?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Dr Robert,

Thanks for your reply

It just started from monday. Over week end had hikes and long hours outside walking my wife did some small massage over the back.

No increase in pain with exertion. it is not actually pain little discomfort at the center of the chest below my next.

There is no real numbness or tingling sensation in left arm. But small mild pain under armpit 1-2 times in last 3 days.

Also discomfort is in the center of the chest below neck or right side arm yesterday and today little bit on left arm.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Thanks for the info given.The symptoms you are having is most likely due to GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease).It is a condition in which the esophagus becomes irritated or inflamed because of acid backing up from the stomach.Also there can be associated gastritis.

Although this does not seem to be due to heart disease but all types of chest pain or discomfort should be evaluated by a doctor & heart disease should be ruled out.

You need following tests:

-Endoscopy/Gastroscopy or EGD,
-Barium meal studies
-Barium follow through(BFT)
-EKG

Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available without a prescription.Avoid smoking & alcohol consumption.Dont take fried,spicy,salty,chilly food items.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is that the discomfort you are having in center of chest just below the neck since monday is most probably because of GERD & above treatment will help you greatly.

If still the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor to have the tests done to confirm the underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

For now take the above described treatments.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank Robert,

So Do you think it is due to GERD that i have slight tingling or burning sensation on my skin on my next left side chest or left arm ??

The Neck or burning sensation on center of chest happens after night dinner generally. So do you want me to see the doc right away or just hold on for a day or two ?

What are the foods you generally suggest ?

Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Although your symptoms does not seem to be due to heart disease & you described in initial post that "there is no real numbness or tingling sensation in left arm".

The burning sensation below the neck/throat on center of chest is very typical symptom of GERD.

I do not think that this can be due to heart disease but still you need to watch & keep an eye of observation on your symptoms.

Following can be the symptoms of heart disease:

-Pain and discomfort in your chest.This pain can feel dull, heavy, tight or severe.
-Pain and discomfort that may spread to your jaw, neck, arms, back or stomach.
-Lightheadedness
-Weakness
-Dizziness
-Palpitations, sweating, feeling sick or shortness of breath.
-Tingling/numbness in arm.

If any of these symptoms develop,then you need to go to ER for tests & evaluation.

For now I think you need to observe your symptoms & hopefully within few hours it will improve with this OTC treatment described above as most likely the cause of discomfort is GERD which gets aggravated after dinner.

Avoid chocolate, peppermint, fatty foods, coffee, and alcoholic beverages.Avoid beans, cabbage, and carbonated beverages.Eat lot of fruits & vegetables.

Hope this helped.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks a lot Robert. Will monitor for next 2 days with below and proceed. Is this GERD some thing permanent or Just temporary and can be cured ?

Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available without a prescription.

Dear customer,
Thank you for asking another follow up question.

GERD is usually temporary & is completely curable with medications & diet control.

Yes,both Pepto-Bismol & tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

And please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you! XXXXX

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks a lot Robert.

So lats question !

So is this the reason I can burning senation on my right side of the chest and right arm yesterday ! and today left side !!

how long should i use the medication ?

Dear customer,

Yes,most likely cause of your symptoms is GERD only which gets aggravated after dinner.

Burning sensation you are having is most probably because of GERD.

Keep a watch on your symptoms.

The medication will start showing its affect within 12 hours.You will get relieved within this time & as the symptoms improve you should continue taking it for at least 1 week.

Also please do not forget to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you! XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Hi JA customer?

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

How is your chest discomfort now?
Have you taken these described medications?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert