Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

i have an constant ache on my upper right side between the

i have an constant ache on my upper right side between the bottom rib and my hip what cold it be?
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Since how long do you have this pain?
Is there any episode of vomiting or nausea?
Does it hurt when you apply the pressure on site?
Any discomfort in urination?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about a month or so.no nausea or vomiting, no pain when urinating. the ache is bothering when I sit. it tends to go to the back side.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms you are having since last one month can be due to various causes like:kidney stones,endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease,ovarian cysts,infections in the fallopian tubes,fibroids.

Other possibilities of such pain can be gallbladder disease or liver problems.

Most probably this pain can be due to inflammation of pelvic organs.But because the pain is diffused & there is no other specific symptom,it is difficult to narrow down the diagnosis without tests & clinical examination.I Hope you understand.

You need following tests:

-Ultrasound of pelvis & abdomen,
-Stool examination & culture,
-Urinalysis
-CT scan/MRI scan of whole abdomen,

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Till than take tab. Acetaminophen from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX had a complete hysterectomy but I fear liver a fatty liver problem. does that cause pain or soreness like I have?

Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Yes,Fatty liver may cause no damage, but sometimes the excess fat leads to inflammation of the liver. This condition, called steatohepatitis, does cause liver damage & results in soreness & pain.

Along with ultrasound scan,you may need LFT(liver function tests).

So for confirmation of exact underlying cause you need these ultrasound scan & liver function tests & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted the doctor?
What was final diagnosis made?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have an appointment soon. I'll address the doctor with your advice! Than you for asking! 😁
Dear Customer,

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,you can have appointment with your doctor & you can come back here then again.

Thank you fir using just answer website.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks!!!