Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I am a 20 year old male and I have been experiencing strange

I am a 20 year old male and I have been experiencing strange "hearing" experiences. I do not know if this classifies as a health issue, or mental issue, but every time I hear something (e.g. a song, a quote, a movie monologue, etc.) on a consistent basis I tend to literally hear whatever it may be as if it were actually playing on a radio, television, or a device that would be able to produce such a sound; however, it isn't playing at the time I hear it. What would be a reason to cause such an occurrence?
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

this is interesting.

can you tell me more about this experience.

so if your friend is talking to you, is the sound coming from a radio or tv?

I am not sure I understand your issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For instance, when I attempt to study for school in my room, I hear noises that sound as though they are coming from somewhere when the noise is really something that my mind is creating and making me believe it to be somewhere.

I see.

sounds like you could be having very vivid day dreams or very vivid internal voice. your mind is a very powerful organ and controls all the sensations going into the mind.

have you ever talked to your doctor about these symptoms? it would be best to start to talk to your primary care doctor about these symptoms.

it might be nothing, or it could be part of something larger mental issue. but we can't make these diagnosis online. we can't take a full history and can't ask you all the questions that we need to.

are you willing to talk to a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I didn't know if I should go to my primary, or not, but per your suggestion I will discuss it with my primary. Thank you for your insight and for your time.

you are welcome

best of luck to you

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

Thanks for using