Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I have a haemoroid that burst a big blood clot came out and

I have a haemoroid that burst a big blood clot came out and it has been bleeding for two days heavy at first but has slowed is this normal
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

Although most haemorrhoids that bleed do not continue to bleed significantly for a couple days, it certainly is one of the patterns that can be seen with haemorrhoids.

If the bleeding continue to gradually slow and then stop, then there is no need to do anything beyond the haemorrhoidal cream that you obtained from the chemist. However, if there is heavy bleeding that persists, with or without further passage of clots, then it would be appropriate to be seen, as it may require a procedure to stop the bleeding, such as electrocoagulation or a ligation of the haemorrhoid.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.