DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

can force trauma from the recoil of an M14 rifle (recoil

can blunt force trauma from the recoil of an M14 rifle (recoil 14.7 ft. lbs.) to the A/C joint, repeatedly (200 to 300 times) lead to or be a cause of post traumatic arthrosis
Hello
Yes
What is the situation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I'm a 65 yr. old Vet. I fractured my right clavicle 3x, 6 mo. (greenstick, A/C joint) 4 yrs. (clean and again at 14 yrs. (clean ) During basic training I fell on my right shoulder, pulled something lifting someone, and injured it again by firing an M14 rifle with a recoil of 14.7 ft lbs of recoil 200 to 300 times in one week. My contention is these injuries can lead to osteoarthritis.

Can this happen

Yes they can
Any orthopedist can examine you, look at your films, take this history, and confirm this as a possible contributor.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating when done.
Thanks.