Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I am on a nightly dosage of 20 milligrams of nortryptline and

I am on a nightly dosage of 20 milligrams of nortryptline and I accidentally took a second dose an hour after taking the first dose. Should i be worried?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

No, there is no reason for you to be worried. The 20 mg dose of nortriptyline is a low dose of the drug. However, the maximum dose of nortriptyline is up to 150 mg per day. There are many conditions that can be adequately treated with a low dose of the nortriptyline, while other conditions will more routinely require a higher dose. But in those situations in which a lower dose is used, there is no problem associated with accidentally taking an extra dose of the drug.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.