Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

On Friday of last week I had a ten minute episode of vertigo

On Friday of last week I had a ten minute episode of vertigo that gradually ended and during which I throw-up. I am on a significant number of medications for coronary heart disease, I am pre-diabetic, and am in remission from follicular lymphoma. The emergency room doctor ran a number of test on me but noted he thought I had an episode of vertigo and he was not sure why. Here are some of the blood results. Do they help clarify at all. I am a 69 year old male who was exposed to agent orange during Vietnam. I have minor dizzy spells when standing up or bending down before this.

POC Sodium Wb 134 - 143 MMOL/L 137
POC Potassium Wb 3.5 - 4.9 MMOL/L 4.0
POC Chloride Wb 98 - 109 MMOL/L 98
POC CO2 (Meas) Venous 24 - 29 MMOL/L 26
POC Glucose Wb Istat 70 - 99 MG/DL 107
POC Bun Wb 8 - 26 MG/DL 13
POC Creatinine Wb 0.6 - 1.3 MG/DL 1.3
POC Ionized Calcium Wb 1.12 - 1.32 MMOL/L 1.13

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

I think the coreg reduction could be related.

What do you think?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Phil,

Can you tell me why you think the reduction in coreg might have caused it please.

Thanks David

Beta blockers like coreg suppress release of stress hormones like adrenaline.

Stopping or reducing dosage of these can result in a surge of these hormones with a variety of symptoms

I suspect the reduction in dosage caused a surge of adrenaline that triggered the attack

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)