Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Hi. I recently had some blood work done in responce to going

Hi. I recently had some blood work done in responce to going to Dr. For daily cyclic low grade fever. Blood work showed Carp of 19.3. With all the cholesteral labs coming back normal or borderline. I take medications for epileosy, lamictal and vimpat. I also take amethia for endometriosis. All other. Blood work is normal. What should I go back to my Dr. and make sure is checked.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

hi there

Dr. Shahzad MD :

thank you for your question

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

can you please let me know what you mean by carp of 19.3?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Is it CRP or CARP

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think it must be CRP.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Can you please let me know what other tests you have had done, just the names of the tests.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Thank you.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please enter text in the textbox and use the reply button

I think that the live chat was not working so I switched to the question/answer mode.

Please answer the questions above so that I can help you out with your concerns.

Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Excellent. I have had t4, t5, tsh, crtiso, dhea sulfate, estradoiol, homocystine, insulin fast, ldl-p, lipids, ldl-c, hdl-c, triglycerides, t. cholesterol, hdl-p, small ldl-p, ldl size, lp-ir score, trogesterone, testonsterone, shbg, and vit. d

I presume all these tests have come back normal except the CRP which is raised.
I do not see any serological tests in there i.e. antibody tests that are done to rule out a connective tissue disorder or an autoimmune disorder.
I would have liked that you should have been tested for that.
I have read your previous posts in which you have mentioned weight loss and a fever that goes up to 100.6.
I certainly think that a complete antibody screen is required to rule out an autoimmune disorder even if that means referral to a rheumatologist to rule that out.
Meanwhile I would recommend that you should continue medications to reduce your fever like tylenol.
One other cause that comes to mind since you are also having epilepsy and taking medications for that is drug fever related to the medications that you are on. This is something that is pretty common with drugs.
I would like that you should visit the following weblinks so that you are satisfied that fever and weight loss are documented side effects of the medications that you are on for epilepsy:

http://www.rxlist.com/topamax-drug/side-effects-interactions.htm

http://www.rxlist.com/lamictal-drug/side-effects-interactions.htm

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Do rate me for my services when you are done asking.
Kindest Regards
How are you doing now?
Please let me know.