Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS

I am having a recurring issue with pain in my right abdomen.

I am having a recurring issue with pain in my right abdomen. For the past few months almost every evening I start having this aching in my right abdomen and it can last for a few hours a night. Sometimes it alleviates a bit of the pain to put pressure on the area, or lay on my right side. I have had a similar pain in the past once in a while, but more severe pain wise, and I thought based on the symptoms that it was issues with my gallbladder but it would only happen a couple times a year and I could usually connect it to greasy food. Then it started happening more frequently and is now almost every night. I feel like I also may have made things worse by taking ibuprofen often to try and stop the pain as it is hard to get to comfortable or get to sleep with this pain.

Thanks for using justanswer.

In order to help you find an answer, could you please answer following:

Where exactly you develop pain? Is it just below right ribs area?

Any history of diarrhea, vomiting or jaundice associated?

Are you overweight?

Any investigations done for this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I would say it is just under the ribs on the right side. No Diarrhea, vomiting or jaundice. I am very overweight, I have drastic ups and downs in my weight over the past 10 years or so and have been starting a diet as of a week ago trying to cut out fatty foods to see if that would help and I have lost 6 lbs already but it has not helped the pain. I dont have a primary Dr so nothing has been done yet. I looked into some gastro specialists in the area today. I also just remembered that the last time I didnt have the pain for a good amount of time I was on Amoxicillin for dental purposes. Could just be a coincidence but I figured I would mention it.

Okay and thanks for your input.

There can be various possibilities of such pain like gallbladder issue, muscle spasm, gastritis and pinched nerve pain. As it is a recurrent pain, you need a detail physical examination by your doctor and few investigations like blood cp, liver function tests and Ultrasound abdomen to reach final diagnosis. In the mean time you can take ibuprofen to relieve such pain.

Thanks and Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.