Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I have sharp pain in my upper shoulder and spine area and it

I have sharp pain in my upper shoulder and spine area and it runs down my right arm and I feel this all the time.dr. took xrays and didn't see a problem and I have been stressed this last year so bad I wonder if that is a problem.need help fixing problem cause I have no insurance or much money.thanks

Dr. Natasha :

Hello

Dr. Natasha :

I was following your question

Dr. Natasha :

the kind of pain that you are describing is called radicular pain- which means that there is an irritated nerve causing the pain

Dr. Natasha :

The vast majority of the time, the problem is actually in the neck

Dr. Natasha :

you may have a herniated disc, or the bony outlets through which the nerves travel is narrowed

Dr. Natasha :

You actually need a MRI of the cervical spine

Dr. Natasha :

In some cases, you may need surgery to correct the issue

Dr. Natasha :

Otherwise injections and pain medication (and physical therapy) will help

Dr. Natasha :

But the key to your diagnosis is the MRI

Dr. Natasha :

I am sorry that we missed each other

Dr. Natasha :

I hope that this helped

Dr. Natasha :

please leave positive feedback

Dr. Natasha :

:-) if it did

Dr. Natasha :

If you need clarification about this or you have more questions regarding this matter, use reply

Dr. Natasha :

I am going to sleep after my night shift now... but if you have any more questions about this, please respond and I will get back to you as soon as I wake up :-))

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was told I need a mri already but I don't have the money to pay for one.i don't know how to rate you and I don't think I should pay for your reply if I already knew I needed a mri.

How would I have known you already need a MRI? It is not fair to rate me negatively because I gave you correct and truthful information even if you cannot afford it.
If you give me a good rating, I can find the nearest and cheapest medical center for you to get a MRI. I will need your zip code
Or just don't rate me at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was wondering if me and another person lifted a 450 lb. stove by hands could that caused the damage by pulling my muscle and nerves out of wack and take a long time to heal

Hello- absolutely this can do it. Yes. If this was work related, you need to file an occupational medicine report. Let me know if you have questions about it