Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I have sharp pain in my upper shoulder and spine area and it

Customer Question

I have sharp pain in my upper shoulder and spine area and it runs down my right arm and I feel this all the time.dr. took xrays and didn't see a problem and I have been stressed this last year so bad I wonder if that is a problem.need help fixing problem cause I have no insurance or much money.thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Natasha :

Hello

Dr. Natasha :

I was following your question

Dr. Natasha :

the kind of pain that you are describing is called radicular pain- which means that there is an irritated nerve causing the pain

Dr. Natasha :

The vast majority of the time, the problem is actually in the neck

Dr. Natasha :

you may have a herniated disc, or the bony outlets through which the nerves travel is narrowed

Dr. Natasha :

You actually need a MRI of the cervical spine

Dr. Natasha :

In some cases, you may need surgery to correct the issue

Dr. Natasha :

Otherwise injections and pain medication (and physical therapy) will help

Dr. Natasha :

But the key to your diagnosis is the MRI

Dr. Natasha :

I am sorry that we missed each other

Dr. Natasha :

I hope that this helped

Dr. Natasha :

please leave positive feedback

Dr. Natasha :

:-) if it did

Dr. Natasha :

If you need clarification about this or you have more questions regarding this matter, use reply

Dr. Natasha :

I am going to sleep after my night shift now... but if you have any more questions about this, please respond and I will get back to you as soon as I wake up :-))

Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I was told I need a mri already but I don't have the money to pay for one.i don't know how to rate you and I don't think I should pay for your reply if I already knew I needed a mri.

How would I have known you already need a MRI? It is not fair to rate me negatively because I gave you correct and truthful information even if you cannot afford it.
If you give me a good rating, I can find the nearest and cheapest medical center for you to get a MRI. I will need your zip code
Or just don't rate me at all.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I was wondering if me and another person lifted a 450 lb. stove by hands could that caused the damage by pulling my muscle and nerves out of wack and take a long time to heal

Hello- absolutely this can do it. Yes. If this was work related, you need to file an occupational medicine report. Let me know if you have questions about it