Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

Had spinal surgery for scoliosis. Previous aurgery 10 years

Had spinal surgery for scoliosis. Previous aurgery 10 years ago. MD took culture during surgery, came back positive for staph.
Was started on a 6 week course of Nafcillin, PICC line inserted. PICC developed thrombosis after one week.
On rehab unit of hospital, PICC removed at 4 pm. Peripheral IV inserted at 11 pm, infiltrated right away, so no doses antibiotic. Rehab unit declined to put another IV in until morning.

Missed 4-5 doses Nafcillin after one week of therapy in a six week course. Will this present any problems?

Dr. Natasha :

hi

Dr. Natasha :

I was following your question

Dr. Natasha :

are you still there?

Dr. Natasha :

That is a number of nafcillin doses to miss... usually one or two is ok, 4-5 is not great

Dr. Natasha :

However, if you are not having pain or fevers, I would not worry... that would mean a failed course of antibiotics

Customer:

My mom was angry at the nurses for not putting another IV in at midnight and then they told no one was available, but my mom was saying this is a hospital and she is worried, and they began treating my mom bad

Hi
I am sorry that the RNs were so unprofessional, but I would worry about it any more. What is done is done
If you are feeling better, that is what is important.