TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
13956133

hi doc. condom broke during at a parlor, she claims shes

hi doc.
condom broke during sex at a parlor, she claims shes clean i am freaking out, but i cant go to the doctor and take meds becouse if my family founds out im dead anyhow...the whole ordeal lasted maybe a minute, is it advised to get medical attention when risk is so low, or should i move on in life? i feel like dying from a heart attack...i swear it was my only and surly last time

Hi there.

I can understand how a lot of your current concern is due to anxiety- and obviously you recognize that as well.

As far as the risk from unprotected sex with a worker in a sex parlor- there is a risk, albeit low. While I am sure she tried to reassure you, one can never be positive as to how reliable that is. If I saw you in my office I would consider "post exposure" meds. The risks include bacteria ( gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis especially), and viruses ( HSV and HIV).

The greatest worry people usually have is HIV- if she did not have HIV- your risk is 0. Even if she did have HIV, from 1 single exposure and vaginal intercourse, the risk is actually only about 5 in 10 000 ( 0.05%) so statistically a pretty low risk from a one time exposure. but not zero.

At a minimum I would advise that you see your doctor for follow up testing - including testing for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis and HIV- with follow up HIV testing at least at 4 months ( with the current 4th gen test).

And of course if you have other sex partners/ a wife, you really must not have unprotected sex with her until you have had follow up testing to make sure you cannot pass anything to her...

Of course if the parlor woman can be tested and can show she is indeed clean... then your worries are gone. But unlikely to get her to be tested I imagine

I hope that helps.

Please be aware this response is for information only, and does not constitute a physician- patient relationship Follow up and proper assessment by your personal physician is always advised and may lead to other appropriate recommendations based on additional information.

Good Luck

I hope my above answer helped.
Feel free to ask if you have any additonal questions on this topic.
If I have answered your question, please press the "accept" button to let me know you have found my answer useful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she agreed to take a oral "oraquick swab test" and was negetive.

Great

That is obviously quite reassuring-

If she is non infected- you would not be at risk.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an IN PERSON assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.

I hope my above answer helped.
Feel free to ask if you have any additional questions on this topic.